Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diggin' up Robots

So this week I was thinking about a piece I did for a friend http://xshaunx.deviantart.com/ based on his personal project that's loosely based on me and our shenanigans. Because it's not my book I'm not going to go in to specifics but it's going to rock you when he finally does this.
I actually did this painting of a Hardcore/metal robot back in August of 07. Mostly because I loved the idea of a giant robot wearing a giant hoodie and bandanna. It was unfinished in a lot of ways. The missiles at the bottom were too rough, it needed some other hints of color, and I wasn't happy with the "city scape" in the background. So I took what I had and ran it through photoshop and illustrator...
And now I like it again... The grenade was a total last minute thought I had to be funny and rip off the james jean Fable cover for the "Sons of Empire" trade. But I actually think it gives it some vague storytelling element. Because of the season and the colors I added, it seems that storytelling element is about Christmas. I work retail, so I want to bomb Christmas I guess.

Word, more next week!

Thanks,

-Dan

No comments: